Thursday 8 March 2012

Task 1a: Personal Profile


My intentions beyond this course have been quite closely linked to education, which has been aided by working in a secondary school for a substantial period of time. However, documenting this in the form of a traditional CV was a task that initially seemed quite daunting, particularly as the last CV that I had written was when I was in my late teens! However, a conversation with my head teacher proved to be very informative. He informed me that when applying for both teacher training courses and further on from that teaching jobs a traditional CV was not something of a necessity in order for applications to be considered. In fact I would be asked to write more of a personal statement similar to the UCAS process. As a result I have created the a brief statement, although I must confess  I found it a major struggle to balance between it being too long or not very informative. However, I will be attending a training session at my school today for beginner teachers that we have on placement which is designed around applying for jobs. Hopefully this will lead to some improvements being made to my profile!

No comments:

Post a Comment