Sunday 13 May 2012

Final thoughts module 1


Task 3D: Final Thoughts

  • I have found that my attitude to networking is somewhat blurred. Where I can see benefits that wider social networking can bring to the collective table I am still more confident in using my own ‘Community of Practice’ ie colleagues and people that I work with on a day to day basis. It could be argued that my online networks are somewhat limited as I use what are mainly conventional teaching networks (TES, LGFL) this has been echoed through reading the blogs of others who work in education on the BAPP course, TES in particular being a common feature. I do feel that my networks such as colleagues/students are of the most use to me overall as I feel that being able to ‘Reflect-in Action’ especially where students are concerned, allow me to make more informed decisions on what methods of my practice are effective or non effective, particularly as it is more personal.

  • I find that a lot of my working concerns are shared by those within my area of work. I feel that I have not perhaps capitalised on being able to reach out far enough beyond my professional area as it is often difficult to speak in a more than hypothetical way about other scenarios as you do not have a direct knowledge of other people’s students/colleagues.

  • Sharing ideas with colleagues and communicating with students is a regular feature of my planning and often shapes my approach to each group I teach. This form of critical reflection enables me to plan more diversely for future sessions.

No comments:

Post a Comment