Saturday 5 January 2013


Task 5D: Ethical Dimensions of Inquiry

When conducting my inquiry it is important to note how I will go about doing so within an ethical framework. In order to simplify this I have looked at this from the point of view of my participants, the whole school and my commitment towards my study.

Participants:
-         - If students are used within an Inquiry, inform students and parents of their involvement and what the study being conducted is for.
-          -Likewise with the school, keep in regular contact with a senior member of staff to inform them of what research is being conducted and why.
-          -Another vital part of this will be to maintain confidentiality of any participant so that the identities of participants are protected.  
-          -Ensuring that evidence gathered is accurate so that participants are not misrepresented

Whole School:
-          -Any information gathered will be shared with my colleagues from the point of view of sharing good practice as our school aims to do within our CPD program.

My Commitments to the Inquiry:
-          -Seek approval to conduct my research
-          -Conduct research within legal guidelines
-          -To manage resources efficiently
-          -Report any issues to the appropriate agents

The framework for these dimensions were formed by the responsibilities suggested by The British Educational Research Association (BERA)

No comments:

Post a Comment